Banteay Samre was built in the distinctive Angkor Wat-style of construction and art and is a large, relatively low-rise temple. It was built around the same time as Angkor Wat, and the influence can be seen in the towers and railings which strongly resemble the towers of Angkor Wat.
The features of Banteay Samre also resemble those of the ancient Khmer temple of Phimai in Thailand. Most of the bas-relief carvings are in very good condition. The temple has been extensively restored by archaeologists by completely taking it apart, and then reconstructing it.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia