Banteay Samre was built in the distinctive Angkor Wat-style of construction and art, and is a large, relatively low-rise temple. It was built around the same time as Angkor Wat, and the influence can seen in the towers and railings which strongly resemble the towers of Angkor Wat, and it also resembles the ancient Khmer temple of Phimai in Thailand. and most of the bas-relief carvings are in very good condition. The temple has been extensively restored by archaeologists by completely taking it apart, and then reconstructing it.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Location: near the southeast corner of the East Baray
Construction period: Mid 12th century C.E.
Built by: King Suryavarman II
Building Style: Angkor Wat