Kbal Spean is the famous river of a 1,000 lingas at Phnom Kulen. These lingas (phallic symbols) were evidently carved into the bedrock of the river so they could ‘fertilize’ the waters flowing to the fields of Angkor. There are also carvings of Buddha and Buddhist images in the rocks that were carved at a later date than the lingas. It is a fairly easy 45-minute walk uphill though the woods to get to the river.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Location: approx. 49km north of Siem Reap
Construction period: 11th - 13th century C.E.
Religion: Hindu and Buddhist
Getting there: Take the road past Banteay Srey for about 12km, and there will be a sign and parking area on the left.