Ta Keo is a large, temple-mountain style structure, constructed of huge sandstone blocks. It was built by 3 different kings: Jayavarman V, Jayaviravarman, and Suryavarman I. When Jayavarman V started the temple, it was his state-temple. But unlike other state temples, it was built outside of the main capital area.
Ta Keo Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god, Shiva, and seems to have been topped with golden towers, as it was known in ancient times as the mountain with golden peaks.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Construction on the temple seems to have stopped abruptly in the beginning stages of decoration. This is indicated by the few numbers of carvings on the temple. Even though it doesn’t have much decoration, it is still interesting, and worth a visit. You can easily find Ta Keo to the east of Angkor Thom.
- Location: Angkor Archaeological Park, Siem Reap, Cambodia