Thommanon is in good relatively excellent condition, thanks to extensive restoration work in the 1960s. It is a small, nice looking temple, constructed about the same time as Angkor Wat, and the Angkor Wat style of architecture is evident in the style of the towers and carvings. The many carvings of Thommanon are in very good condition, and in the rainy season, the wet color of the sandstone offers good photographic opportunities.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Thommanon is just opposite Chau Say Tevoda across the street the road, and because they are somewhat similar, they are often grouped together. However, they are not contemporary, and Thommanon was constructed much earlier. Even before restoration, Thommanon it was in much better condition than Chau Say Tevoda because it was not constructed with wood beams enclosed in stone as Chau Say Tevoda was.
Location: just to the east of the Victory Gate of Angkor Thom
Construction period: Late 11th - Early 12th century C.E.
Built by: King Suryavarman II
Building Style: Angkor Wat