Thommanon Temple is is a temple site that's covered in intricate carvings and surrounded by forests in Angkor. The temple is in relatively excellent condition, thanks to extensive restoration work in the 1960s.
Thommanon is a small, nice looking temple, constructed about the same time as Angkor Wat, and the Angkor Wat style of architecture is evident in the style of the towers and carvings. The many carvings of Thommanon are in very good condition, and in the rainy season, the wet colour of the sandstone offers great photographic opportunities.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Thommanon was constructed in the late 11th to the early 12th century. You can find the temple site to the east of the Victory Gate of Angkor Thom.
Thommanon is just opposite Chau Say Tevoda, across the street. And because they are somewhat similar, they are often grouped together. Even so, Thommanon was constructed much earlier.
Even before restoration, Thommanon was in much a better condition than Chau Say Tevoda because it was not constructed with wooden beams enclosed in stone as was Chau Say Tevoda.
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia