Where to Shop and What to Buy in Battambang
Battambang may not have a night life but it does boast interesting shopping opportunities. At the souvenir market you can buy woodcarvings from Battambang, marble sculptures from Pursat Province, and sapphires from Pailin.
Many of the hotels as well as the small souvenir/art/curios shops on Road 1 on the river in the centre of town offer a selection of wood and marble products. The art shops have a better selection than the hotels and a couple have very interesting collections of curios, old trinkets, coins, antiques and oddities; well worth a look.
Raw rubies and sapphires from near the Thai border are brought to Battambang to be cut and polished then graded so there are some bargains to be had but be careful as gem scams are extremely frequent when the dealer perceives inexperienced and wet-behind-the-ear buyers.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour