Bioluminescent plankton on Koh Rong, in Sihanoukville Province, can be seen best at night when there is minimal light pollution. Book a boat tour for around $10 per person and enjoy the beautiful scenery of twinkling lights all around you as the plankton radiate.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Where to see Bioluminescent Plankton in Koh Rong
We highly recommend the Long Set Resort, located on the stunning Long Set Beach which is perfectly situated for plankton viewing at night. It is possible to swim with the sparkling plankton and indulge in a unique magical experience, but, a word of warning however, swimming at night can be a risky endeavour. Observing the beauty of the glowing plankton from the safety of a boat or the beach is a better bet.