Koh Rong Jungle Zoo is an interesting place to learn about some Cambodian exotic animals. You could spend a few hours here, surrounded by wildlife, nature, and beauty. The owner, Olga, will guide you through the garden, explain in detail about the wildlife and give you a warm welcome of refreshing herbal tea.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
What to See at Jungle Zoo Koh Rong
Jungle Zoo Koh Rong is not a big place, but has managed to bring together a collection of exotic poultry, birds, butterflies, and wildlife, including civets, a monitor lizard, and a surprisingly tame bat. She’s also an avid gardener and has been turning her little patch of jungle into her own version of paradise. The owner offers guided tours for $5. This includes the chance to touch the animals. Hours vary depending on her schedule - when we last visited she was staying up nights to try and catch a python that had been stalking her poultry - but she’s usually there between 9:00 and midday.
With the exotic plants and animals on display, there is always something learn and discover. Remember to bring mosquito repellent with you as the Cambodian jungle surrounds the zoo. It’s the perfect day out to incorporate into your trip, get one on one with nature and surround yourself with exotic Khmer wildlife.
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 17:00
- Location: Near Police Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 88 908 8292
- Price Range: US$5 for guided tours