The best attractions in Koh Rong include both stunning natural sights as well as exciting manmade facilities. Much of the island’s charm comes from the fact that it is largely unspoilt and undeveloped. Indeed, the most remarkable must-see attraction on Koh Rong is only visible because of that simple fact. Most of the manmade options are simply responses to the fun-loving nature of the sorts of people attracted to such a beautiful place.
Ultimately, the main attractions of the island paradise near Sihanoukville are the pristine white-sand beaches. However, other than the 23 separate sandy shores, these are the major points of interest on the island.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Being far from the lights of civilisation, the faint blue glow of bioluminescent plankton makes some of the beaches of Koh Rong sparkle on moonless nights. Quite a spooky, ethereal effect, it is a really stunning natural sight and one which is usually only available in very remote parts of the world. While the plankton itself is not actually harmful, swimming in the sea at night can be as many dangerous creatures come out to hunt.
Remark: Only visible on dark, moonless nights
- Location: Any beach away from Koh Tui Village, but especially Long Set Beach, Koh Rong
Explore the beautiful natural jungle of Koh Rong with a zip line adventure through the canopy. High Point offers a 400 metre course including 25 platforms in the jungle canopy, starting just a short walk from Koh Tui Village and ending with an exciting 130-metre line. The park was built among Koh Rong’s tallest trees, with one of the platforms an impressive 25 metres off the ground. The guides are well-trained and the equipment is properly maintained, making this a fun and safe family-friendly activity. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Just south of Koh Tui Village, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 16 839 993
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/highpointadventurepark
- Price Range: US$30 per person
Jungle Zoo is a tiny tropical garden, run by a dedicated and knowledgeable lady named Olga. Wanting to share her love of exotic plants, beautiful butterflies, local birds and other mostly native wildlife, she turned a small patch of jungle into a vision of paradise. Olga offers guided tours, which include tea or coffee, a chance to touch some of the resident animals and the opportunity to enjoy a fascinating chat with this remarkable woman. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 17:00
- Location: Near Police Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 88 908 8292
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Jewelorchids
- Price Range: US$5 for guided tours
Koh Rong’s largest waterfall is still a relatively small one, but it is certainly picturesque. Best seen during or just after the rainy season, a sheet of water tumbles about 4 metres down into a rocky plunge pool. A pleasant place to relax and cool off, it is quite easy to access, being just a short walk away from Sok San Village.
Remark: During the high season, there is very little water falling Read More...
- Location: about a five-minute walk from Sok San Village, Koh Rong
The concept is very simple. You sit on one end of a giant inflatable blob and one or two people jump onto the other end from platforms either 4 or 6 metres up. Physics does the rest and you get thrown high into the air, only to come splashing down into the crystal-clear seas around Koh Rong. It’s very exciting and a lot of fun. You will be provided with a crash helmet and life jacket, but there are obviously still some risks in crashing down into the water from as high as 7 metres in the air. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 17:30
- Location: near Treehouse Bungalows, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 98 603 564
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Kho-rong-blob-jump-537506349777618
- Price Range: US$3 per person