The best restaurants in Koh Rong boast a surprisingly high quality for what is essentially still a desert island off the coast of Cambodia. Most of the places on our list have a rather rustic, beach shack look from the outside, but have the talents of excellent local and international chefs in the kitchen, delivering great tastes for low costs.
While the majority of the most popular Koh Rong restaurants are on Tui Beach – sometimes called Koh Touch Beach, among other names – there are generally one or two options on most of the island’s many beaches, even if it’s just the kitchen for whatever guesthouses and beach bungalows are there. The following are the pick of the crop, serving the finest food in the most enjoyable settings available, all with the customary friendly Cambodian service.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Da Matti? (the question mark is part of the name) is a slightly odd mix of Italian restaurant and reggae bar. A long-established venue on one of Koh Tui’s three piers, it was previously known as La Mami. The Italian influences include excellent gnocchi, arguably the best pasta on Koh Rong and the romantic candlelit table settings along the pier. The reggae theme is evident from the vivid colour scheme, good selection of cocktails, the floor cushions and low tables further down the pier and the easy-going flexible music policy. Food prices are around US$5 for main courses. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily early to late
- Location: Community Pier, Koh Tui Village, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 10 245 712
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/DaMattiKohRong
- Cuisine: Italian
A guesthouse and bakery, Koh Lanta is said to serve the best pizzas in Koh Rong, cooked in an eco-friendly oven. The burgers are also pretty good and the quality of the ice cream is impressive. Open 24 hours, the service is excellent and the parasol-shaded seating in front, on the beach, makes it a great place to enjoy a snack on a hot day. The venue’s name comes from a French Survivor TV show. Read More...
- Opening Hours: All day
- Location: Tui Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 93 292 929
- Cuisine: European
Bong’s has a cool and friendly beach pub vibe, with seating on the sand available. They claim to make the best burgers on Tui Beach – a claim which is contested by neighbouring Vagabonds – and they are very good, mixing beef and pork for a juicier patty. You can also find some excellent Tex-Mex and British food on the menu, with the nachos being especially good. Read More...
- Location: Next to Koh Lanta, near ferry terminal, Tui Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 93 924 856
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bongskohrong
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, western
As the name suggests, the restaurant is on an east-facing beach – Coconut Beach – with comfortable red clam-shell seating and excellent food. As a bonus, you can also get a great beach massage. The owner, Vuth, is especially friendly, even by Koh Rong’s high standards, and the restaurant’s veggie burgers are highly recommended. The place has a nice, chilled out vibe, making it a great place to hang out throughout the day. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:30 – 23:00
- Location: Coconut Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 96 273 6802
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SunriseRestaurantCambodia/
- Cuisine: International, Khmer
Eat Pray Love
Situated between the two piers at the northern end of Southwestern Beach, Eat Pray Love serves excellent Italian food, with excellent pizzas and fresh-made gnocchi, prepared with high-quality local and imported ingredients by Italian chefs, for the genuine taste. The open-air upstairs dining area is the best place to enjoy the sunset from.
- Opening Hours: 07:30 – 24:00
- Location: Sok San Village, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 11 454 051
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Eat-Pray-Love-authentic-Italian-restaurant-341188395920425
- Cuisine: Italian