The best nightlife in Koh Rong consists mostly of backpacker and hippie bars in Koh Tui Village. Few of the other beaches have much of a nightlife, but the range available in the island’s main port is increasingly varied and interesting, with great views, cheap drinks, lively parties and relaxing vibes. For now, there aren’t too many places to go for dancing – the vibe is much too chilled out for that kind of effort!
It is worth mentioning that there is a regular organised pub crawl around the most popular nightlife in Koh Rong. Setting off from Monkey Island or Skybar at 20:00 every Thursday and Sunday, tickets cost US$8 in advance or US$10 on the day and you get a free t-shirt and shots. However, with drink prices universally pretty low and the small size of Koh Tui Village making it virtually impossible to get lost, you can quite easily have a self-guided crawl based on our suggestions below.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Dragon Den is what you might call Koh Rong’s first proper “bar”. While the majority of venues simply offer somewhere to enjoy cold and cheap beers in some degree of comfort, the drinks menu here is much longer, boasting imported wheat beers and even their own microbrews. The prices are still pretty reasonable, with draught Five Men Fresh Beer from Sihanoukville available for just US$1.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:30 – 02:00
- Location: near Ferry Terminal, Koh Tui Village, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 69 217 805
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/DragonDenPub
Police Beach is the nearest thing to Thailand’s famous Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan’s Haad Rin Beach, with the added bonus that the party is twice a week instead of once a month. The beach is just a short walk along the coast from Koh Tui Village, with entrance costing US$5 in advance or US$7.50 on the door (though prices are prone to rising during busy periods). The atmosphere and size of the party makes it similar to what Koh Phangan was like when the parties there first got started, being much safer and more relaxed.
- Opening Hours: Every Wed and Sat
- Location: Police Beach, west of Koh Tui Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 87 847 128
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Policebeach
Very much a hippie bar, the laid-back atmosphere of Vagabonds goes to the extreme of not even charging for beer during the 16:00 to 17:00 happy hour, which naturally makes it one of the most popular nightlife spots on Koh Rong. You can also get two-for-one cocktails from 19:00 to 21:00, three shots for US$3 and pretty good food available, too.
- Opening Hours: Always open
- Location: Koh Tui Village, Koh Rong
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/VagabondsKohRong
Virtually the only lively bar on the otherwise peaceful Long Set Beach, Nest offers stunning views and happy hour specials on cocktails from 18:00 to 21:00. The chillout music and cool setting make it a nice place for a relaxing evening. The club hosts occasional special parties, which are a bit more upbeat and lively, featuring free beer, free shots, live DJs and a hog roast, among other entertainments, generally for the low entry cost of US$4.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 24:00
- Location: Long Set Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 96 634 2320
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/nestkohrong
Found right at the back of Koh Tui Village, up quite a steep set of stone steps, Skybar really deserves its name, as it is pretty high up. However, the challenge of the climb is rewarded with a fantastic view over the village and across the beautiful clear seas towards Koh Rong Sanloem. The bar has a different drinks deal every night as well as a happy hour from 18:00 every evening, making it a fun and varied sort of place.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 02:00
- Location: Koh Tui Village, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 98 217 090
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/skybarkohrongcambodia
Despite the name, Monkey Island is not actually on a different landmass, but is about 200 metres along the coast from Koh Tui Village. A well-established name in Koh Rong’s nightlife, the well-stocked and cheap bar has a two-for-one happy hour on cocktails from 18:00 to 17:00. The relaxed atmosphere and beachside hammocks makes it a popular place for an early tipple and a good starting point for a night out. However, the place is usually closed by midnight, at which point party-goers tend to head towards the village.
- Opening Hours: Koh Tui Beach, Koh Rong
- Tel: +855 81 830 991
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KohRong.MonkeyIsland