Khmer Surin Phnom Penh is a long-running restaurant that serves authentic Khmer dishes as well as a selection of Thai, Vietnamese and western fare. Established in 1996, it occupies a two-storey venue within the city’s prominent backpacker district of BKK1. Featuring a tranquil garden setting, the restaurant is fitted with traditional Khmer architecture and antiques, wooden furnishing, paper lanterns, and brightly coloured cushions.
For a more authentic dining experience, we highly recommend making your way to the second floor terrace, which is furnished with floor cushions and low tables with great views of Phnom Penh City. Best of all, diners can also enjoy live classical Khmer music performances during weekends.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Priced at US$2.50 upwards, Khmer Surin Phnom Penh is definitely the place to try Cambodia’s quintessential fish amok and beef lok-lak as well as unique dishes such as fish cakes (tod mun pla) morning glory sour soup, and cha greong frog legs. Not only does the restaurant utilise locally-sourced vegetables, fruits, fish, and poultry, you can easily have your dishes prepared according to your dietary needs.
Drinks-wise, the restaurant offers an extensive list of fruit juices, soft drinks, cocktails, wines, spirits, and beers at affordable prices. While you won’t pay street food prices here, Khmer Surin is relatively inexpensive as its friendly service and cosy ambience allow for a satisfying meal in Phnom Penh. Located along Street 57, Khmer Surin Phnom Penh is a five-minute walk from the Independence Monument.
Khmer Surin Phnom Penh
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 22:30
- Address: 9, Street 57, Phnom Penh
- Tel: +855 12 887 320