Romdeng Phnom Penh is set within a French colonial building along Phnom Penh’s Street 174, where you can enjoy a wide range of authentic Khmer cuisine as well as shop for unique handicrafts for loved ones back home. Part of the non-profit Friends International programme, its staff comprises of impoverished Cambodian youths who are trained in hospitality, food service, and management.
Romdeng Phnom Penh’s interior is beautifully furnished with wooden tables and chairs, silk cushions, paintings, paper lanterns, and wooden carvings, all of which are handcrafted by the local students in training. The restaurant also features an outdoor pool and lush garden setting, where special events such as cocktail sessions and book launches are held regularly.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Romdeng Phnom Penh serves contemporary and country-style Khmer dishes from US$3.25 upwards, including the famous fish amok, pomelo salad, tiger prawn curry, and stir-fried Kampot black pepper crab. There’s also a selection of insect-based delicacies for the daring diners, such as crispy tarantula and stir-fried red tree ants with beef fillet and holy basil. For dessert, we highly recommend the coconut and pandan crepes, topped with young coconut, peanuts, and pineapple ice cream.
Diners can also enjoy a wide selection of drinks, ranging from fruit smoothies and coffee to imported wines and beers. Accessible within a 10-minute walk from the National Museum of Cambodia, free Wi-Fi is provided at Romdeng Phnom Penh, making it an ideal spot to unwind after a day of exploring the city.
Romdeng Phnom Penh
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 22:30
- Address: 74, Street 174, Phnom Penh
- Tel: +855 92 219 565