This is a unique location with both a boutique and a spa. The boutique specializes in unique Eurasian fashions, for men, women and children. They feature silks, quilts, cushions, pillows, bags, bed covers, jewelry, and exotic soft home furnishings. The spa offers massage, skin treatments, a steam bath, sauna, and plunge pool. A very interesting place.
- Opening Hours: From 09:00 to 20:00
- Location: #29 Street 240, just west of the Royal Palace
- Tel: +855-23-215754
A unique shop among the silk and souvenir shops on Street 178, Chez Artisan stands out for its unique design interior decorative items, including furniture, lamps, frames and many other elements of decoration. All items are made in their workshop and the principal material used is wood from Cambodia, and items can be manufactured on request. Pieces are designed and crafted of the highest quality.
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 to 18:00
- Location: #42D Street 178, east of Norodom Blvd.
- Tel: 012-869634
Friends n Stuff
Located next to the Friends Restaurant, this is a fun shop selling an eclectic mix of souvenirs, clothes and accessories for both children and adults. Products are made by people involved in Friends projects, and you can get a personalized fitting for your clothes by the tailor service provided by Mith Samlanh sewing graduates.
- Opening Hours: From 11:00 to 21:00
- Location: #215 Street 13, north of the National Museum
A fashion boutique offering original and exclusive hand-woven silk creations. Their fashion and home decor products are designed using traditional techniques and patterns. They sell a wide range of silk scarves, shawls, wall hangings, and fashion accessories. They also have hemp and cotton clothing and a collection of silver jewelry.
- Opening Hours: From 10:00 to 19:00
- Location: #55 Eo Street 240, west of Street 19
- Tel: 023-992714, 012-900014
Established in 2003 to help landmine victims and family groups, they have a line of quality silk clothing, accessories, and souvenirs. They work directly with individuals and groups to improve their quality of life and support their families through the income they earn by producing these products.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 21:00
- Location: #13 Street 178, between Sothearos Blvd. and Sisowath Quay
- Tel: +855-23-990195, 012-731770
Le Lézard Bleu
Quality and upscale home decorative items and furnishings are what this shop is all about. They have traditional and contemporary art and custom-designed pieces. If you are looking for art deco furniture, tasteful home décor, custom frames, and furniture, you can most likely find it here. They now have a new store in Siem Reap.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 19:00
- Location: #61 Street 240, between the Royal Palace and Norodom Blvd.
- Tel: +855-12-928005
With several locations in Phnom Penh, and one in Siem Reap, Lucky is the largest supermarket chain in Cambodia. They are not quite on the scale as you would find in developed countries, but they are actual supermarkets with a good selection of local and international brands. There is also a department store at the Sihanouk Blvd. store.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 21:00
- Location: Sihanouk Branch - #160E Sihanouk Blvd., just east of Monivong Blvd.
- Tel: +855-23-224487
This full-fledged book store has a huge selection of international newspapers, magazines, travel guides, children’s books and toys, and books on a wide range of subjects. Most publications are in English, but other languages are available as well, including Khmer and French. You can find most any publication or periodical you are looking for here. There is also a cafe upstairs. Shop also in Phnom Penh International Airport.
- Opening Hours: From 07:00 to 20:30
- Location: #111 Norodom Blvd., north of the Independence Monument
- Tel: +855-23-217617
A silk boutique and souvenir shop, they are famous for their high quality silk products. They have a large selection of silk items, including clothes, wall hangings, cushion covers, scarves, bags, and other items. Silver jewelry and souvenirs of Cambodian are also available here.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 22:00
- Location: #9 Street 51, just south of Street 278 in the Boeung Keng Kang 1 area
- Tel: +855-23-996539, 016-222750, 017-558239
Another NGO shop is the National Center for Disabled Persons Retail Outlet (or NCDP Outlet) on 3 Norodom Blvd. near Wat Phnom. It has a good variety of local crafts including silk products.
Night Market (Phsar Reatrey)
The new Night Market in Phnom Penh, located on the riverfront, is definitely targeted at visitors. It has a wide selection of all the usual tourist items including handicrafts, silks, art, T-shirts, curios, knickknacks, and souvenirs. While it is an open market like a local market, it has a bit more of a relaxed and festive atmosphere than a typical local market. The night market is a different addition to Phnom Penh’s shopping scene.
- Opening Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 17:00 to midnight
- Location: Sisowath Quay between Street 106 and Street 108
Olympic Market (Phsar Olympic)
This is a three-story market near the Olympic Stadium, and features mostly wholesale goods. For this reason, it is popular with local residents buying in bulk. They have fabrics, clothes, religious items, and traditional Khmer dresses. Buyers can perhaps find big discounts, and the market is worth a visit.
- Location: south of Sihanouk Blvd., on Street 199 and Street 193
Rehab Craft Cambodia
Owned and operated by Cambodian people with disabilities, this is a non-profit organization providing employment opportunities for Cambodians with physical challenges. Your purchase directly benefits these people, and all earnings are reinvested in training and employment programs. They produce high quality silk products, clothes, soft furnishings, silver jewelry, wood, and a range of handicrafts for retail and wholesale. You can tour the workshop, and see crafters at work.
- Highlights: Main showroom and workshop - #10A Street 322, west of Norodom Blvd.
Retail shop also at #1A Street 278, west of Street 51
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 17:00 (closed on public holidays)
- Tel: +855-23-726801, 012-976889
Russian Market (Phsar Toul Tom Poung)
The name of this market came from the 1980s after the Vietnamese occupation when it was a market for foreigners, and most foreigners were Russian. The Russian Market has a large selection of souvenirs, curios, antiques, carvings, Buddha statues, handicrafts, silks, fabrics, DVDs, inexpensive electronic goods, and many other things of interest to visitors. It is also the place to buy clothes at big discount prices. Jewellery and gemstones are big here, but as always, you need to be careful, and be aware of scams and fakes.
- Location: West of Street 155, between Street 440 and Street 450
Sentosa sells high quality Cambodian Silk products produced by poor and disabled skilled craftspeople from rural Cambodia who are expert in the traditional forms of silk weaving, Their luxury items are handmade from 100% pure Khmer silk in a wide range of colours and sizes. They specialize in soft furnishings, accessories, gifts, and offer expert tailoring. They have a reputation for consistency, quality and variety.
- Opening Hours: From 07:00 to 19:00
- Location: #33 Sothearos Street, at the corner of Street 178
- Tel: +855-23-222974, +855-12-962911
Silk & Pepper
At this silk shop, you can get made-to-order clothes and custom designed home accessories by choosing your own design and colours. In addition to clothes, they have home decor items such as linens, cushions, curtains, Cambodian handicrafts, gifts, etc. They feature items with unique designs.
- Opening Hours: From 07:00 to 23:00
- Location: #33 Street 178, corner of Sotherous Blvd.
- Tel: +855-23-222692, 012-851234
Sorya Shopping Center
This 12-storey western-style mall was the first real mall in Phnom Penh. It is quite large, and contains many restaurants, and a variety of shops selling mostly clothes, shoes, jewelry, toys, and some electronics and appliances. It also has the first supermarket set up in Phnom Penh, Lucky Supermarket. There is a food court, roller skating rink, and games arcade on the upper floors.
- Opening Hours: From 09:00 to 21:00
- Location: Street 63, one block south of the Central Market
Street 240, located behind the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh City Centre, hosts numerous retail outlets and eateries in quaint French colonial buildings. Accessible within a 10-minute walk from Wat Botum Park, this artsy shopping street is a good alternative if you’re tired of touristy marketplaces in Phnom Penh.
Shopping enthusiasts can find a good mix Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – Late
- Location: Street 240, Phnom Penh
This sustainable non-profit organization is involved in several programs helping the poorest people of Cambodia. They work with over 30,000 families in eleven provinces developing community programs. They use a community development model, and are involved in training courses, family savings programs, water wells, house building, piglets, cottage industry, and patchwork quilts.
Workers receive a fair wage, providing a regular income and employment. Stop in and see their beautiful Cambodian silk and handicrafts items including purses, pillows, bed covers, clothes, toys, silver, cards, etc., and learn about the work they do for poor families.
- Opening Hours: From 08:00 to 18:00
- Location: #239 Street 51, corner of Street 360
- Tel: +855-23-721038, 023-998934, 012-811238
Teo + Namfah Gallery
The contemporary art gallery located across from La Residence, Teo + Namfah Gallery, features artists mainly from Asia including Cambodia and Thailand. They also continue to exhibit the work of two of Mongolia's most talented painters, Monkhor Erdenebayar (‘Bayar’) and Munkhstetseg Jalkhaajav.
This gallery is the lovechild of Brad and Rattana Gordon and they have named the place after their children (‘Teo’ means travel while ‘Namfah’ means water sky). Both husband and wife are interested in creating exhibitions with the next generation in mind, resulting in fresh, inspiring work.
- Opening Hours: Sat-Sun from 11:00 – 17:00 or otherwise by appointment.
- Location: 21 Street 214 (across from La Residence) Phnom Penh.
- Tel: + 855 (0) 11 457 711.
Vun Sreang Antiques
There are not a lot of genuine Khmer antiques to be found in Phnom Penh, but some can be found here. This great little shop is tucked away on a side street off the Russian Market. They have all kinds of things, both old and new, and if you like searching and picking through things, you just might find a real bargain. Be sure and go upstairs for more stuff. Shop also at the Russian Market.
- Opening Hours: From 07:30 to 19:00
- Location: #67 Street 450, just east of the Russian Market
- Tel: 011-907864, 092-432594
Original creations and designs by Christine Gauthier fill this small but interesting shop. She is well known for taking recycled materials, and creating unusual fashion accessories such as necklaces, broaches, rings, earrings, and many other things. Whimsical and joyful jewelry crafted from multicolored beads, glass, buttons and simple metallic wires create her unique masterpieces. She also creates very imaginative bags and purses that reflect her talent.
- Opening Hours: From 09:00 to 19:00
- Location: #37, Street 240, between Street 19 and Norodom Blvd.
- Tel: +855-12-812469
This is one of the few true art galleries in Phnom Penh with contemporary Cambodian art. The works of five artists are on display. The owner and artist of this gallery is Mr. Em Riem. His painting and design reflect his love of abstract and figurative work, and he creates contemporary furniture and decor for public and private spaces. The gallery displays works by several different artists, and is well worth a visit if you are interested in the art scene in Phnom Penh.
- Opening Hours: From 13:30 to 18:00
- Location: #13 Street 178, just west of Norodom Blvd.
- Tel: +855-23-722252