The best nightclubs in Phnom Penh are ideal for a fun night out with the city’s trendy locals and expats, hosting vibrant parties, excellent music playlists by talented DJs, and attractive happy hour promos every night. Phnom Penh’s nightlife scene is also notorious for its adults-only entertainment, with working girls often approaching travellers for a chat and drink. While Riverfront (Sisowath Quay) is the most popular nightlife district in Phnom Penh, we highly recommend exploring a little further towards backpacker-friendly areas of BKK1 and Independence Monument for hidden gems that are well worth the extra effort.
You’ll also find that swankier establishments require cover charges for special events with renowned DJs, but drinks here are much cheaper compared to European standards. Read on for our list of Phnom Penh’s most popular nightclubs, all of which are fitted with spacious dancefloors, modern sound systems, and friendly bartenders serving a wide range of beers, cocktails, shooters and wines.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Pontoon Night Club is open 7 nights a week, with each night hosting a different theme and music by both local and well-known international DJs. Set along Street 172 in Phnom Penh, this prominent club is fitted with a spacious dancefloor and island bar as well as ample sofas and lounges to relax after a night of dancing.
Ladies in groups of 5 can usually enjoy a 50% discount on all cocktails, vodka cruisers and draft beers every Thursday. Pontoon Night Club also often offers a lively cabaret and live drag show on Wednesday from 1.30am onwards. An entrance fee of US$8 (which includes a drink) is charged during weekends and special events. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 9pm to 4am, Fridays and Saturdays from 9pm to 5am
- Location: 80 Jayavarman 7 St. (172), Phnom Phen City, Cambodia
- Tel: +855 10 300 400
Heart of Darkness Nightclub
Heart of Darkness Nightclub has been a staple in Phnom Penh’s nightlife scene since 1993. Located along Street 51, this nightlife venue is infamous for its seedy atmosphere but still draws in a huge crowd of expats and tourists every weekend.
Drinks are priced at US$2.50 upwards – expect the standard offerings of local and imported beers, wines by the glass and bottle, classic cocktails and shooters. Every Thursday, ladies get to enjoy buy-one-get-one-free promos on all cocktails, soft drinks, local beers, and vodka. Heart of Darkness Nightclub is a 5-minute walk from Central Market (Psar Thmey).
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm until late
- Location: 38 Rue Pasteur No. 51, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Tel: +855 77 837 777
Club Love is an inexpensive nightlife venue in Phnom Penh’s central backpacker district of BKK1. A 5-minute tuk-tuk ride from Independence Monument, this casual nightclub occupies the top floor of Duplex Café, where clubbers can enjoy Khmer and western fare before dancing the night away.
Open daily, the music policy at Club Love ranges from hip-hop, trap, and house to pop, alternative and EDM tunes. Happy hours are often between 11pm and midnight and ladies usually get to enjoy buy-one-get-one-free promos on all drinks as well as a free shot upon arrival every Wednesday.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm to 4am
- Location: #3, Street 278, Wat Langka, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Tel: +855 70 856 195