Phnom Penh is a city that enjoys warm tropical weather throughout the year. Typical for Cambodia, there are 2 seasons. A dry season runs from December through April when the northeast monsoon winds keep the days sunny and dry.
From May to November, the southwest monsoon rolls in, bringing with it wet weather and higher levels of humidity. Here are a few tips on the weather in Phnom Penh, together with the best time to visit and explore the Cambodian capital.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Best Time to Visit Phnom Penh
December and January is the best time to visit Phnom Penh. This is when you'll enjoy dry, cooler weather. Even so, there will be more tourist crowds and higher peak-season pricing during these months to contend with.
Seasons in Phnom Penh
March and April are the hottest months in Phnom Penh when temperatures can rise as high as 40°C. It can get very sticky in the following months of May and June when the temperature remains high and added moisture brings in higher humidity levels.
Though the southwest monsoon months bring rain, it's still possible to enjoy visiting Phnom Penh since the showers tend to be intense yet brief.