Angkor Night Market in Siem Reap
Siem Reap Shopping0
Angkor Night Market is Siem Reap’s most renowned shopping venue, housing over 200 bamboo huts selling a wide range of clothing and handicrafts by local communities and non-governmental organizations. Located in downtown Siem Reap, this outdoor market was established in 2007 in an effort to help preserve traditional Khmer handicrafts and improve the lives of Khmer people.
Expect plenty of one-of-a-kind goods available such as silk paintings, shadow puppets, and intricate stone carvings embellished in silver or brass. A good option for eco-friendly items is the ‘Angkor Recycled’ stall, which offers an extensive range of bags, wallets, purses, and pouches that are made from recycled materials. Of course, you will also find a smattering of mass-produced Chinese tat that is a requisite of all markets in Southeast Asia too. Having a browse through all the stalls is a popular and enjoyable activity whether you buy anything or not.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Angkor Night Market Highlights
A pampering foot or body massage at Baray Spa is a must after exploring Angkor Night Market’s numerous shops. Priced at US$20 for 60 minutes and US$25 for 90 minutes, the traditional Khmer massage treatment helps soothes fatigued muscles using a combination of local herbs and white wine compress.
If you’re feeling hungry, there are also several dining venues within the market, where you can enjoy live music performances, local and western delicacies, beers, cocktails, smoothies, and beers at attractive prices. Set within a landscaped garden off Sivatha Boulevard, Angkor Night Market is a five-minute walk from Pub Street.
Angkor Night Market
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 24:00
- Location: Conveniently located a few blocks away from the Old Market, off the Sivatha Blvd in Siem Reap
- Address: Off Sivatha Boulevard, Siem Reap