Artisans d’Angkor is a good option for purchasing authentic Khmer souvenirs as well as getting a deep insight into the skilled workmanship of traditional handicrafts in Cambodia. Located along Stung Thmey Street, this training centre was established in 1998 to provide free vocational training in traditional Angkorian art forms to impoverished youths between the ages of 18 and 25.
Today, there are 13 workshops that not only provide employment to over 1,000 local artisans, but all profits from sold handicrafts, textiles, and homewares go back into funding its training program. One of the most unique features here is that all of the silk paintings are created by young deaf women under the care of Krousar Thmey NGO, an organization that is committed to assist deprived children in Cambodia.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Entrance to Artisans d’Angkor is free of charge and visitors can also join a complimentary tour of the establishment between 0730 and 17:30. Available in English, French, Khmer, Japanese, Chinese, German and Thai, visitors are guided through the workshops, where they can observe the meticulous techniques of stone and wood carving, lacquering, silver plating, and silk painting.
Priced at US$9 onwards, fashion enthusiasts can find a wide range of authentic jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, and earrings as well as silk scarves, handbags, shirts and dresses. Alternatively, colourful lacquer tableware, ceramic lamps, silk cushion covers, and silk paintings make great gifts for loved ones back home.
Aside from its main branch in Siem Reap, Artisans d’Angkor also runs three duty-free outlets which are located at Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, and Hong Kong Airport.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:30 – 18:30
- Location: Chantiers-Écoles, Stung Thmey Street, P.O Box 47, Siem-Reap
- Address: Stung Thmey Street, Siem Reap
- Tel: +855 63 963 330