Artisans d'Angkor Art & Crafts Centre
Siem Reap Shopping0
Artisans d’Angkor is a good option for purchasing authentic Khmer souvenirs as well as getting a deep insight into the skilled workmanship of traditional handicrafts in Cambodia. Located along Stung Thmey Street, this training centre was established in 1998 to provide free vocational training in traditional Angkorian art forms to impoverished youths between the ages of 18 and 25.
Today, there are 13 workshops that not only provide employment to over 1,000 local artisans, but all profits from sold handicrafts, textiles, and homewares go back into funding its training program. One of the most unique features here is that all of the silk paintings are created by young deaf women under the care of Krousar Thmey NGO, an organization that is committed to assist deprived children in Cambodia.Read More
- Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
- Copper Metal Bracelet Workshop
- Apsara Dance Performance with Buffet Dinner at Koulen Restaurant
- Smile of Angkor Show with Buffet Dinner at Smile Angkor Grand Theater
- Cambodian Circus Show with Private Transfer
- Iron Pencil Sketching
- Cooking at a Local's House
- Cambodian Cultural Village & Angkor Museum Tour
- Classical Apsara Dancing
- Shadow Puppets Leather Carving Workshop
Entrance to Artisans d’Angkor is free of charge and visitors can also join a complimentary tour of the establishment between 0730 and 17:30. Available in English, French, Khmer, Japanese, Chinese, German and Thai, visitors are guided through the workshops, where they can observe the meticulous techniques of stone and wood carving, lacquering, silver plating, and silk painting.
Priced at US$9 onwards, fashion enthusiasts can find a wide range of authentic jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, and earrings as well as silk scarves, handbags, shirts and dresses. Alternatively, colourful lacquer tableware, ceramic lamps, silk cushion covers, and silk paintings make great gifts for loved ones back home.
Aside from its main branch in Siem Reap, Artisans d’Angkor also runs three duty-free outlets which are located at Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, and Hong Kong Airport.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:30 – 18:30
- Location: Chantiers-Écoles, Stung Thmey Street, P.O Box 47, Siem-Reap
- Address: Stung Thmey Street, Siem Reap
- Tel: +855 63 963 330