Malis Cambodian Restaurant is set along Siem Reap Riverside, serving authentic Khmer delicacies in a modern setting. Founded by Chef Luu Meng, the-two storey restaurant is fitted with a sleek bar and lounge, an upstairs VIP dining section, and an al fresco garden setting complete with a fish pond and stage for Apsara dance performances.
Attracting a steady clientele of affluent locals and tourists, Malis Cambodian Restaurant’s speciality lies within its authentic Khmer cuisine. Standout appetisers include homemade Takeo pork sausages seasoned with Malis spices and coconut shavings (US$9), pan-fried Sihanoukville scallops with green peppercorn (US$10), and savoury green mango salad with smoked and dried fish (US$8).
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Seafood is heavily featured on the menu, and Malis’ Kampot crab fried rice (US$14) comes highly recommended. This visually appealing meal is a combination of jasmine rice that’s wok-fried with kaffir lime and fresh crab meat before being served together with a whole Kampot crab. Other Khmer delicacies at Malis Cambodian Restaurant include fish amok (US$8), chicken or beef curry in lotus leaf (US$10), and Khor pork with bamboo shoots (US$24.50).
Drinks-wise, there’s a good selection of coffee and tea, fruit smoothies and juices priced between US$1.50 and US$3.50 while dessert offerings include corn cake, pumpkin Khmer custard, and sticky rice with Khmer custard.
Open daily from 07:00, the restaurant also serves complete breakfast sets that cost less than US$10, where you can enjoy Cambodian rice and noodles dishes, dessert or fresh fruit, and drinks. Located within Pokambor Avenue, Malis Cambodian Restaurant is a five-minute walk from Psar Chas Siem Reap (Old Market).
Malis Cambodian Restaurant
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 23:00
- Address: Pokambor Avenue, Siem Reap Riverside, Siem Reap
- Tel: +855 15 824 888