Siem Reap has a tropical climate with seasonal variations typical of all of Cambodia. The dry northeast monsoon season runs from December through April, while the southwest monsoon from May to November brings wet weather and high humidity.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Best Time to Come to Siem Reap
The best time to visit Siem Reap is in December and January, when the days are assuredly sunny and dry. Just be aware that this is the peak tourist season, so you'll find it more crowded everywhere and prices will be higher.
Seasons in Siem Reap
April and May can get very hot in Siem Reap, especially in May when the wetter weather adds a layer of sticky humidity to the high temperatures.
From June through November, you can expect a lot of rain, but this is not a bad time to visit Siem Reap since the temple sites are less crowded and the surrounding tropical landscape is at its full, fertile green glory. Certainly, do bring an umbrella but the rainfall usually comes in brief showers with moments of good sunlight to ensure you'll be able to take a few good photos of Angkor Wat and beyond!