This list of the best shopping in Sihanoukville covers quite a range of options, from local markets to shopping malls specialising in luxury goods. As with most of Cambodia, the city offers some excellent bargains, particularly on unique souvenirs and especially if you’re looking for something a little bit bohemian.
Sihanoukville is not exactly a shopper’s paradise and the available options are fairly limited. You shouldn’t visit expecting to find designer labels, though you might come across some copies of them in the markets. However, a visit to any of the places on our list will offer a pleasant break from the beach or casinos and an opportunity to bring home something really different without breaking the bank in the process.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Otres Market is one of Sihanoukville’s star attractions and a popular nightlife venue but, as the name suggests, it is also a market. Styled as a “bizarre bazaar”, there are about 20 stalls selling mostly bohemian wares, such as crystals, essential oils and jewellery. There are also a lot of food and snack stalls, offering quite a wide range of international dishes. It’s an especially popular place with backpackers, but doesn’t attract many locals.
- Opening Hours: Sat 16:00 – late
- Location: Otres Village, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 81 790 681
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Otres.Market
Tapang’s is an NGO-based gift shop where the proceeds from the sale of handmade souvenirs go to supporting Sihanoukville’s street children. Items for sale include extremely cute bags, toys, clothes, shoes, phone covers and homeware, among other useful gifts. There are two Tapang’s stores in the city, with one at the Sandan Restaurant (which is also run by the M’Lop Tapang charity) near the Golden Lions Roundabout and the other beside The Secret Garden on Otres 2 Beach.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 21:00
- Location: The Secret Garden, Otres 2 Beach, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 34 900 108
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/tapangs
Psar Leu Market is much more popular with locals than Otres Market, though this does potentially mean that its appeal for visitors is kind of limited. However, its colourful variety of stalls selling produce and local foods do make it an interesting place for experiencing local life. The narrow aisles of the covered market can be quite busy, but there is no better place in Sihanoukville to sample local snacks. You can also generally find some cheap t-shirts and shoes, though you might struggle to find any in larger sizes.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 17:00
- Location: 7 Makara Street, Downtown Sihanoukville
Unique does a good job of living up to its name, offering an impressive range of fashionable clothes, shoes, swimwear and accessories, both locally designed and imported and pretty much exclusively for women. Despite being quite a small store, it is one of the most popular in Sihanoukville, particularly attracting those who like hippie and bohemian style.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:30 – 22:00
- Location: Next to Sakal Guesthouse, Serendipity Road, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 12 465 580
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/UniqueSihanoukville
Lotus Shopping Center is pretty much Sihanoukville’s only large shopping mall, though even this one is very small by western standards. Among the available stores there, you will find gem shops, exotic leather goods, handcrafted souvenirs and a broad selection of clothes, including international labels. The prices are good for the high quality of wares sold, but may seem excessively high by Sihanoukville’s usual standards.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: 23 Tola Street, near Golden Lions Roundabout, Serendipity Beach, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 88 640 8938
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/LotusShoppingCenter