The best restaurants in Sihanoukville boast an increasingly varied range of cuisines, settings, styles and price ranges. This is especially true recently, as the Cambodian beach resort destination increases in popularity. The downtown area around the Golden Lions Roundabout, at the northern end of Serendipity Beach, boasts and especially impressive variety of top-class eateries, while the more relaxed atmosphere of Otres Beach offers the most relaxed, romantic setting.
Our selection of the most popular restaurants in Sihanoukville covers the full spectrum of choice available, with virtually the only common feature among them being the excellent quality of their food. A meal at any of these options will certainly satisfy and, this being Cambodia, will almost certainly not ruin your holiday budget, either.
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
The Secret Garden Bar & RestaurantOtres 2 Beach
With a beautiful beachfront location, a classy setting and top-quality cuisine, The Secret Garden is fine-dining at its finest. The menu features both local and western dishes, with the honey ginger chicken and red Khmer curry being among the standout choices. The cocktail menu is also quite interesting and worth checking out. Unusually for such an haute cuisine place, the portion sizes are quite generous and the prices are reasonable.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:30 – 21:30
- Location: The Secret Garden at Otres Beach, Marina Road, Otres 2 Beach, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 97 649 5131
- Cuisine: Khmer, Asian, International
Olive & Olive Mediterranean FoodSerendipity Beach
Located right by the iconic Golden Lions, Olive & Olive is a clean and classy restaurant, noted for its delicious pizzas, great service and big portions. Aside from the pizzas, popular dishes include Spaghetti al Tonno and Greek salad. The quality of the ingredients is very good, with the meats, in particular, being imported. While this does slightly elevate the prices, they are still very reasonable. The open-fronted setting unfortunately only looks out onto the road, so it is best to sit well inside the restaurant for the best experience.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 24:00
- Location: Golden Lions Roundabout, Serendipity Beach Road, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 97 444 1945
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
Jin is another contender for the title of the best pizza in Sihanoukville, though the selections of pastas, salads and burgers are also pretty impressive. The homemade gnocchi comes highly recommended, as does the beetroot pasta. In a village with several Italian restaurants, Jin really stands out for the extra effort they put in, the high-quality ingredients used and the super-friendly service. Prices are also quite reasonable, with a hearty meal costing only about US$7.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 14:30, 16:30 – 22:30
- Location: Jin Resort, Marina Road, Otres Village, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 96 858 1059
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
Dao of LifeSerendipity Beach
Dao of Life is a combination of vegan-friendly restaurant, creative arts centre, community project, events venue and more. Situated right by the pier at the northern end of Serendipity Beach, the colourful menu features quite a famous veggie burger for US$6, which gets consistently rave reviews. Aside from using local fresh ingredients, the eco-friendly attitude extends to using coconut milk in their coffee and reusable straws in their drinks. It has quite an alternative, artsy vibe, with live music playing in the evenings.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Near Ferry Terminal, Serendipity Beach Road, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 70 419 423
- Cuisine: European, Vegan
When you’re sitting down to a meal, it is quite nice to know that you’re giving something back the community. It doesn’t especially improve the flavour, but it does give you a warm feeling inside. Sandan provides that feeling, as the restaurant provides training and experience to vulnerable youths, giving them the opportunity to find work in the hospitality industry. They also providing excellent local dishes using first-rate local ingredients, with standout dishes including fish amok, banana blossom salad and beef curry. The prices aren’t too bad, but it’s easy to see the good that an extra dollar or so is doing.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:30 – 23:00
- Location: 2 Thnou Street, Serendipity Beach, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 34 452 4000
- Cuisine: Khmer, Asian
Maybe LaterSerendipity Beach
It may be hard to imagine that you could get authentic Mexican cuisine in, of all places, Sihanoukville, but Maybe Later delivers. The nachos and quesadillas are especially highly recommended and go down very well with a cold beer at an excellent price. If you’re used to quite a bit of spice in your Mexican food, you might be a little disappointed as even the highest level of spiciness on the menu is pretty tame. The prices for food are perhaps a little high, but given that ingredients like avocado (for the guacamole) are really hard to come by in Cambodia, it is justified.
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun 12:00 – 24:00 (Closed Mon)
- Location: Serendipity Beach Road, Sihanoukville
- Tel: +855 88 426 9184
- Cuisine: Mexican