Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour
Angkor Thom, the filming location for Tomb Raider, is an active pilgrimage site with the largest temple in the world. Explore the marvels of ancient Angkor on this private full-day tour. Uncover the history and heritage of one of the most significant archaeological sites in Southeast Asia.
Your morning begins with a visit to Angkor Thom, the last and most stable capital city of the former Khmer empire. Delve deep into the history of the city and explore its notable temples as your local guide explains how the city was established by King Jayavarman and his successors. Visit the most well-preserved of the 5 renowned gates that provide access to the complex, and then continue to the peaceful smiling face of the towering temple of Bayon—the central state temple.
By afternoon, head to the UNESCO-listed jungle temple—Ta Prohm—overgrown by huge tree with snake-like roots, which is featured in the Tomb Raider movie. Ensure you snap plenty of memorable photo, before continuing to the active pilgrimage site of Angkor Wat, the largest temple in the world, formerly Hindu and latterly Buddhist. Explore the expansive grounds as you marvel at the intricate designs in the Khmer architecture.
Complete your tour and head outside of the temple complex to a viewpoint where you can absorb breathtaking views of the entire Angkor Wat temple, set against a beautiful backdrop of the West Baray reservoir.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour