Ceramic-Making Class at Angkor Pottery Center
Day Trips & Excursions
Grab a seat and try your hand at turning out authentic ceramic Cambodian bowls. With a master potter to guide you each step of the way, learn to spin the pottery wheel, form a bowl, and carve traditional symbols into it before it is dried in a kiln and returned to you for a memorable souvenir.
Start your day watching a demonstration, paying close attention to the methods used by trained pottery experts who deftly work a mound of ceramic clay into a delicate bowl. When you're ready, get your own clay and make your first attempt, working on maintaining a steady wheel speed while forming even sides and a sturdy base. Get tips and feedback as you work, ultimately creating 4 bowls over the course of the afternoon.
Once your bowls are formed, enjoy a quick lesson on creating ornate carvings that may include traditional Cambodian designs and patterns common to local temples, including those at nearby Angkor Wat. At the day's end, present your best bowl to be dried and finished, conveniently delivered straight to your hotel on the day following your class.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour