Classical Apsara Dancing
Experience the Apsara dance, one of Cambodia's highest art forms, from a local master. Learn about the ancient and modern history of this classical Cambodian dance, from the intricate carvings at Angkor Wat to its inspiring survival during the Khmer Rouge.
Aspara dance is one of the finest art forms in Cambodia, classified by UNESCO as one of the great intangible cultural assets of the world. Learn about the incredible history of Cambodian classical dance, revived between the 18th and 20th centuries, based in part on carved depictions of dancers at Angkor temples.
During the 20th century, the dance was almost wiped out by the Khmer Rouge, as leaders sought to eliminate traditional art and culture. A small band of dancers defied death and preserved the art form for the modern era. Gain a new appreciation for this dance, learning from a local master. The workshop is held in a beautiful forest setting, perfect for find the necessary quiet for learning.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour