Cocktail Class & Sombai Workshop Visit with Liqueur Tasting
Food & Drink
Journey into the world of Cambodian liqueur with a special workshop in the heart of Siem Reap. From preparation to infusion and bottling, discover the story behind an alcohols that fuse local tradition and recipes from abroad—plus get a taste of the drink itself.
A ride in a local auto-rickshaw carries you from your hotel to Asana, the last old wooden house in Siem Reap's Pub Street area and now a trendy downtown bar. Here, meet a professional cocktail maker and learn to craft your own version of Sombai infused Cambodian liqueur. Choose 2 recipes, learn the steps, and get busy creating the perfect mix.
Next, your driver takes you to Salakamreuk Village, where a short set of steep stairs lead you up to the infusion room. Inside, get a look at more than 100 glass jars filled with local fruits, herbs, and spices, all soaking in alcohol. Observe how the drinks and fruit visibly change throughout the 3-month process, and look through the window for a peek at the laboratory where the production staff work.
Complete the visit with a tasting of 8 remarkable liqueur flavors, from the spicy ones to the sweet and sour, along with a bottle of cold water and local snacks. If you've found a favorite flavor, you can do some shopping for souvenirs, or just try some of the workshop's aromatized salts and infused cooking oils before your driver carries you back to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour