Learn an elegant dance that has been performed for Angkor royalty in times past. The coconut is an integral part of Cambodian economy and is often used to create keychains, desserts, and cutlery. You practice the techniques behind a more obscure use of this versatile fruit—the coconut dance.
Meet your teachers and go over a brief history of the dance that many locals do not even know about. With origins from the Svay Rieng province, this is the dance that was performed during wedding ceremonies or during the Khmer New Year's celebrations.
Pay close attention as your teacher walks you carefully through the techniques behind the sophisticated dance that is a display of well-being, friendship, and the prosperity of the Cambodian people. Once you've got the basic motions down, run through the full routine, gaining a fun skill that is sure to impress your friends back at home.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour