Cu Chi Tunnels & Saigon River Tour
Venture into the underground network of tunnels that served as a lifeline for the Viet Cong on this guided tour through history. See how Vietnamese fighters built and lived in the tunnels, and visit the villages and workshops that once served as battlefields in the Vietnam War.
Set out from your hotel early in the morning and pass rubber plantations and traffic ferries on your way to Cu Chi. Your ride includes stops at a fruit farm, a ceramics workshop, and a local market before you arrive at the tunnels.
With 155 miles (250 km) of mazelike underground passages, the Cu Chi tunnels served not only as a secret hideout for Viet Cong guerillas, but were also a strategic place to launch ambushes against American troops. Watch a short documentary film about the tunnels' construction, see weapons and booby traps used during the war, and then get a chance for to actually crawl through the tunnels yourself.
Finish your exploration with a meal of steamed cassava root, which sustained Viet Cong fighters through years of conflict, before you board a luxurious speedboat for your return trip. Along the way, observe the scenery change from lush jungle to urban waterfront and see the daily activities along the banks of the Saigon River.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour