Half-Day Wat Phnom & Choeung Ek Killing Fields Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Step back into a dark era of Phnom Penh's past on this half-day tour of historic sites. Visit ancient Wat Phnom, the central point of the city, and pay your solemn respects at the Choeung Ek killing fields, a chilling remnant of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime.
After being picked up from your hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle, journey to Wat Phnom, the largest religious structure in Phnom Penh. As you arrive, marvel at the intricate architectural details and the fascinating murals, paintings, and goddess statues that depict scenes from the religious epic Reamker. Take a moment to walk to the bronze statue of King Sisowath and the small shrine dedicated to Lady Penh.
From there, continue south to the killing fields of Choeung Ek. Spend a reverent moment reflecting on the victims of the Khmer Rouge who lost their lives here—the site was used as a mass grave between 1975 and 1979. More than 5,000 human skulls and bones are visible within an acrylic-sided Buddhist stupa, and the pits where nearly 9,000 bodies were exhumed after the fall of the regime can be seen, as well.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour