Khmer Dance Maestro Class
Get your dancing feet ready to try out the clothes, spins, and poses of Khmer dance. From the classic Apsara to less-famous forms such as the Monkey Dance and Coconut Dance, you can experience the distinct styles of Cambodian tradition and entertainment, plus learn some of the moves for yourself.
Once you're picked up from your hotel for the ride to the dance venue, get started with one of the country's most famous dances by putting on the traditional attire for an introduction to the art of Apsara. Work through the process of a classical dance routine, from the foundational warmups and basic techniques to the more difficult spins and poses.
Along with Apsara dancing, which historically features female characters, you get a chance to experience the lesser-known Monkey Dance, performed by masked male characters who accompany the Apsara dancers during performances. Jump, crawl, and mimic the moves of a mischievous monkey for a whole new kind of traditional fun.
The next dance brings you closer to the daily realities of Cambodians, as the Coconut Dance is performed mainly during weddings and Khmer New Year. Just like the name suggests, you're expected to dance with half-cut coconut husks in both hands, so hold on through a unique slice of local culture.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour