Khmer Music-Making Session with Instruments
Music has always played a huge role in the Khmer culture of Cambodia, particularly percussive instrumentation. Learn about the rich history of Cambodian music, and enjoy access to a variety of the country's native instruments to play for yourself.
Cambodian music is known for its volume and texture, which is displayed to its fullest effect at special events and ceremonies. Under the guidance of a knowledgeable teacher, learn about the history of the music itself, as well as the instruments used to create it.
Percussive instruments featured during your experience include the bamboo xylophone, bells, Gong chimes, and various types of drums. Fiddles, lutes, and flutes can also be heard in traditional Khmer musical compositions. Try your hand at playing some of these, and surprise yourself with the beautiful sounds and ear-catching rhythms you create.
This activity presents the perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge of music and the instruments that create it, all with the assistance of a talented local musician. Return home with a rich appreciation for this important aspect of Khmer culture.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour