Palm Hat Workshop
Learn how to make the quintessential palm hat, used by farmers around Southeast Asia as protection from the hot sun and even the rain when working in the fields. Under the supervision of your local instructor, Ms. Mom, sew palm leaves to create this popular and functional accessory.
Custom make your own palm hat with Ms Mom and discover her traditional technique of making palm hats—functional, fashionable, and durable for 2 to 3 years. Start with a fascinating use of palm tree fibers as twine to secure the frame of your hat together.
Once you finish constructing the frame, sew the palm leaves together to secure them on the frame. This is the tricky part and determines the outcome of your hat. After finishing the sewing work, choose your favorite color cloth for your hat’s border. And within a matter of 3 hours, you have constructed your own handmade palm hat.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour