Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
On this tour of Angkor Thom and Bayon Temple, admire grand structures built between the 9th and 12th centuries by a Khmer empire that controlled Cambodia and parts of Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. Take in the detailed carvings of faces and elephants as well as the ruins of the Baphuon.
After meeting your personal guide and driver in Siem Reap, spend the early morning visiting the ancient capital of Angkor Thom, a walled temple complex dating back to the 12th century. See the South Gate, a main entrance with huge statues depicting the ocean and visit Bayon Temple, unique for its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 large, smiling faces of Avalokitesvara.
In the Angkor Thom complex, admire the Baphuon, ruins of a massive 3-tiered temple recently opened after years of restoration, as well as Phimeanakas, the Terrace of the Elephants, and the famous Terrace of the Leper King. Next, continue to visit Ta Prohm, which has been left relatively untouched since it was discovered, retaining much of its mystery.
Then, enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the best local restaurants before touring the remarkable Angkor Wat. Marvel at the distinctive details of classical Khmer architecture and don't miss the opportunity to snap gorgeous pictures as you watch the sun set before returning to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour