Private Choeung Ek Killing Fields & Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum Tour
Gain a deeper understanding of Phnom Penh's dark past on this private tour. Visit the memorial to the victims at the Choeung Ek Killing Fields and explore the tragic horrors that went on behind the walls of the S-21 Prison, now the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum.
Your tour begins with convenient pickup from your hotel in a private vehicle. With your local guide leading the way, head south to your first stop, the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, where the Khmer Rouge executed more than 1 million people between 1975 and 1979. While a visit to the site is a sobering one, the center has been transformed into a peaceful place in homage to the lives that were lost. Pay your respects at the Memorial Stupa, where the skulls of thousands of victims are on display as a reminder of the terror that took place.
Next, you head to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, the site of a former high school turned into the S-21 Prison. Take a walk through the halls to learn about the 20,000 innocent prisoners who were tortured and killed on these very grounds.
End the tour on an upbeat note at the lively Russian Market. Browse through the array of products available, such as antiques, jewelry, and stone carvings. Don't forget to purchase some memorable gifts before returning to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour