Private Choeung Ek Killing Fields, Genocide Museum & Royal Palace Tour
Travel back in time to a tragic yet important time in Cambodian history on this private tour with a knowledgeable guide. Pay your respects at the Choeung Ek Killing Fields, get a deeper understanding of the turmoil at the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, and see the intricate palace of the King of Cambodia.
After getting picked up from your hotel, journey to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, once the notorious Security Prison 21 (S-21). Walk through the haunting space to learn about the atrocities that place during the reign of the Khmer Rouge, seeing the spots where thousands of innocent prisoners were interrogated, tortured, and killed.
Continue on to the Choeung Ek Killing Fields, the spot where the Khmer Rouge executed more than 1 million people. While a visit to the site is a sobering one, the center has been transformed into a peaceful place in homage to the lives that were lost. Pay your respects at the Memorial Stupa, where the skulls of thousands of victims are on display as a reminder of the terror that took place.
Following lunch at a local restaurant, your guide takes you to the ancient Wat Phnom temple. Marvel at the detailed architectural elements of the religious structure and the fascinating murals, paintings, and statues depicting scenes from the epic poem Reamker.
Your final stop of the day is the Royal Palace, a complex of buildings which serves as the residence of the King of Cambodia. Take in the ornate Khmer architecture of gilded Throne Hall and the incredible Buddha statues inside the Silver Pagoda before heading back to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour