Private City History & Killing Fields Full-Day Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Get to know the Cambodian capital on a day of exploration with a private guide, who can show you some of the city's best sights. From the 14th-century stupa of Wat Pnomh to the somber Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, you get a personal look at the history of the city.
Your tour begins with a visit to the temple of Wat Phnom, the city's namesake. Next, visit the 19th-century Royal Palace, see the thousands of silver tiles inlaid in the floor of the Silver Pagoda, and then admire the traditional architecture, Khmer art, and historic sculptures in the National Museum before a 3-course lunch at the nearby Romdeng Restaurant.
After lunch, a drive takes you south of the city to visit the infamous Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, a grim memorial to more than 17,000 people who were executed on the site by the Khmer Rouge. A Buddhist stupa, built to commemorate the victims, houses 8,000 skulls behind clear glass panels, and more remains lie in the disinterred pits of the mass graves.
When you return to Phnom Penh, visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former schoolhouse and a notorious prison under Pol Pot's regime. You can see the crude cells where thousands were held before being sent to Choeung Ek, along with photos of the men, women, and children who became the genocide's victims.
The tour's last stop takes you to the Russian Market, where you can find antiquities, jewelry, gems, and traditional garments, as well as T-Shirts, CDs, and other souvenirs before you return to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour