Private Day Trip to Koh Ker & Beng Mealea
Day Trips & Excursions
On this private tour, explore the archaeological site of Koh Ker and admire the Prasat Thom pyramid. Then visit other remains of the Khmer Empire, which once had a significant Hindu-Buddhist influence on Southeast Asia.
Start your day with hotel pickup and head into the countryside to Beng Mealea, where you stop to see your first attraction, Koh Ker. Situated between the southern slopes of the Dangrek Mountains, a vast area of the ground is covered by forest. See the intriguing Prasat Pram sanctuary, with its 5 towers prettily draped in tree roots, and Prasat Chen, containing 2 enclosures and fighting monkey statues.
Walk east to see the temple complex of Prasat Thom with a water channel, expanded under the reign of Jayavarman IV, an Angkorian king who ruled from 928 to 941 AD. Listen as your guide explains more about the history of this amazing Angkor region. Break for lunch before visiting some of the largest temples, symbolic sculptures, and ancient remains from the Khmer Empire.
Finally, make your way to one of the most mysterious temples at Angkor, with a similar floorplan to that of Angkor Wat. Take some time to explore the segments with impressive carvings engraved on these temples. When you're done, enjoy a leisurely ride back to your hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour