Private Full-Day Cooking Class & Silk Farm
Food & Drink
Dive into a complete cultural experience by starting the day learning traditional cooking techniques to make popular Khmer dishes. Then visit craft shops to observe artisans making wooden sculptures and silk fabric with age old techniques and methods.
Meet your personal guide at your hotel lobby, and then take a short ride over to the Shinta Mani Hotel to participate in the cooking class. Start by visiting a local market to shop for ingredients for the day’s menu. Return to the kitchen to learn from a professional chef how to cook traditional Khmer cuisine. Later dine on dishes you prepared which could include fish amok, chicken curry, and banh chamneouk.
After lunch, visit the Les Artisans D’Angkor to observe apprentice artisans using traditional Khmer techniques to make furnishings, wooden sculptures, and stone carvings. Then, head over to the Puok district’s Silk Farm for an up-close view of the complex process of producing handmade silk—from breeding silkworms, to crafting dyes, and weaving the threads into fabric. The tour concludes with a return trip to your Siem Reap accommodation.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour