Private Kompong Khleang & Rolous Group Tour
Tour the remote fishing village of Kompong Khleang, nestled on the shore of Tonle Sap Lake, for a close perspective on the daily lives of rural fishermen and farmers. Then explore the monuments at the Rolous Group which served as the country’s capital in the 9th century.
Rendezvous with your tour guide at your hotel lobby and board an air-conditioned vehicle en route to the fishing village of Kompong Khleang, 34 miles (55 km) from Siem Reap. Situated on the shore of Tonle Sap Lake much of the village is propped up on wooden stilts in preparation for the rainy season when the tides rise. During this season, the houses appear to be floating as water laps the verandas, establishing a picturesque landscape. In the dry season, between February and April, the lake drastically recedes revealing the village’s foundations and completely transforming the area into a barren field for children to play.
After exploring the village and interacting with the locals, break for lunch at a local restaurant, and then return to Siem Reap. Before arriving back at your hotel, make a short stop at the monuments of Roluos featuring large temples with classical Khmer art carved into the stone walls.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour