Private Kompong Pluk Tour & Blessing Ceremony
Tours & Sightseeing
Journey along the countryside to the remote village of Kompong Pluk on Tonle Sap Lake where you can immerse yourself in the vibrant culture. Then continue down to the Wat Athvea pagoda to watch monks conduct their blessing ceremony for locals and travelers alike.
Rendezvous with your professional guide at your hotel lobby, and depart Siem Reap in an air-conditioned vehicle en route to the remote fishing village of Kompong Pluk. After passing through the countryside, disembark the vehicle to transfer onto an ox-cart ride to tour the rural villages. Here, you have the chance to browse the markets and interact with the locals. Make your way back to the vehicle and continue onward to Kompong Pluk.
Kompong Pluk is located on the shore of Tonle Sap Lake and rests on stilts to avoid rising tides that flood the surrounding forest during the rainy season. The rich lake-bed soil supports an abundance of wildlife and vegetation that further sustain the village. Encounter fishermen in flat bottom boats hoisting in the day’s catch while farmers tend to their floating gardens. The peaceful environment is a great escape from the busy urban life.
Proceed to the Wat Bo Krum village to enjoy a delicious lunch from a small restaurant and strike up a conversation with the locals to gain an appreciation for their fascinating culture. After lunch, make your way to the sacred Wat Athvea pagoda where you can witness Buddhist monks conduct their blessing ceremony to wish you good health and a safe journey as you conclude the tour with a return trip to Siem Reap.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour