Private Tour of Phnom Kulen & Reclining Buddha
Tour the countryside in an air-conditioned vehicle to the Kulen Mountain where a large reclining Buddha resides at the summit. Discover the river of a thousand lingas where small sculptures were carved into the riverbed, and then visit the Landmine Museum to learn of the country’s brutal civil war.
Meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby and board an air-conditioned vehicle to ride along the Khmer countryside en route to the Kulen Mountain range. Locals consider the rocky jungle cliffs to be holy land as they became quarries for the 54 ancient stone temples built throughout the country. Your first stop is Kbal Spean, commonly referred to as the river of a thousand lingas. Hundreds of Hindu sculptures honoring Shiva were carved into the riverbed that flows down the mountains into Tonle Sap Lake.
Follow the river upstream to the summit of the Holy Kulen Mountain where the famous Reclining Buddha awaits. The massive gold leafed statue resides inside a 16th-century Buddhist monastery and continues to serve as a place of worship. Nearby is the Chup Preah stream that flows down the mountain valley and forms into 2 waterfalls that cascade into large pools during the rainy season.
Stop by a local restaurant for a delicious lunch before visiting the Landmine Museum to learn of the country’s brutal civil war during the Khmer Rouge. Trained professionals continue to collaborate with locals to identify and diffuse old war mines in order to safeguard the people. After touring the museum, return to your Siem Reap hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour