Royal Palace, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum & Choeung Ek Memorial Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Discover Phnom Penh's complicated past during a tour of the Royal Palace, the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, and the Choeung Ek Memorial. Gain deeper insights into the devastating impact made by the rule of the Khmer Rouge regime, paying homage to the citizens who lost their lives between 1975 and 1979.
Begin your day with an introduction to the history and culture of Phnom Penh. See the beautiful Royal Palace and tour the grounds, getting an up-close look at the exquisite royal residence where the Kings of Cambodia have lived since 1860, except for a period of absence during the Cambodian genocide.
From the Royal Palace, learn about the indelible impact made by the Khmer Rouge with a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. Behold stark reminders of the country's turbulent past among the edifices that once composed Security Prison 21. Take some time to pay homage to the 20,000 men and women who lost their lives during the horrific mass murder led by the Khmer Rouge.
Conclude your experience with a trip to the Choeung Ek Memorial, sometimes referred to as the Killing Fields. See where Pol Pot's regime executed 17,000 Cambodians among verdant fields marked by mass graves and a single Buddhist stupa. Recognize these tragic losses in the quietude of the memorial's natural beauty before returning to your Phnom Penh hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour