Shadow Puppets Leather Carving Workshop
Siem Reap is famous for its street shadow puppet shows and many people use these masterfully crafted carvings to decorate their house. This is your chance to take a course and create your very own leather-made puppet. With the help of your instructor, you learn the techniques of leather working.
Meet your instructor and listen closely as they go over the process of making and history of using shadow puppets. Gain invaluable insight into this wonderful cultural art form that nearly perished during the Khmer Rouge regime when the government sought to purge society of all forms of art.
To make your puppet begin with a blank sheet of leather material, tracing your design onto the backside of the hide. Then you are shown how to cut around the edges and to poke holes into the puppet to give it more depth. The process is slow and meticulous, but after you've attached your sticks to put the finishing touches on your project, you are sure to have a one-of-a-kind souvenir to take home with you.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour