Small-Group Cambodian Genocide Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Gain deeper knowledge of the history of Phnom Penh on this tour to the sites of the tragic Cambodian genocide. Visit a schoolhouse that was transformed into a jail for innocent prisoners, see the harrowing sight of skulls at the Choueng Ek Memorial, and hear how the country is still affected by this dark period of its history.
After getting picked up from your hotel, head to the building where journalists camped out prior to the takeover of the country by the Khmer Rouge in 1975. The bullet hole-riddled walls and scorched interior provide a stark visualization of this time in Cambodia’s past.
Next, visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school turned into the S-21 Prison, where as many as 20,000 innocent prisoners were tortured and killed. Walk past the walls that are lined with haunting photos of the victims, many of whom spent their final days in this building's tiny cells.
A quick bus ride takes you to the Choueng Ek Killing Fields, the spot where the Khmer Rouge executed more than 1 million people. While a visit to the site is a sobering one, the center has been transformed into a peaceful place in homage to the lives that were lost. Pay your respects at the Memorial Stupa, where the skulls of thousands of victims are on display as a reminder of the terror that took place.
As the tour comes to a close, grab a seat for a discussion over traditional Khmer snacks, and listen as your guide shares insight about the impact of these tragic events on Cambodian life and politics today.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour