Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Cu Chi Tunnels
Escape the bustle of the city to explore the rural scenery and the famous Cu Chi Tunnels in Southern Vietnam. Step in the shoes of a Viet Cong fighter, as you climb through an impressive 155-mile (250-km) long tunnel network, and visit a typical gun shooting area.
Enjoy a convenient hotel pickup from your guide as you depart for Cu Chi. Along the way, watch as the frantic city scenery transitions to a more peaceful, rural setting. Witness passing rice paddy farms, quaint roadside vendors, and increasingly lush greenery.
Once you arrive, begin with a tour the Cu Chi Tunnels, some of the most famous underground networks of pathways, hideouts, sleeping quarters, meeting rooms, hospitals, and Hoang Cam Stove. These narrow tunnels provide barely enough space for a single person to crawl their way through, though some are now wider to accommodate visitors. Also learn that the mere 10–13 feet (3–4 m) thick level of upper soil can support the bearing weight of a 55 ton (50 mT) tank and the explosive damage of bombs.
Following, watch an insightful film about the wartime experience before further exploring the tunnel's trap doors and underground quarters. Then make a visit to huge bomb craters left from the war, the Garment-factory Ammunition and Souvenir Shops, and the Museum of Self-made Weapons. Get the exhilarating opportunity to fire a M-15, AK-47, and a carbine rifle at the National Defense Sports Shooting Range for a true wartime experience.
Finally, savor the Vietnamese traditional soup, Pho, (available in the morning session) or Vietnamese Baguette (available in the afternoon session) and a local tapioca recipe before the comfortable ride back to your Ho Chi Minh hotel.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour