Traditional Musical Instrument Appreciation Workshop
Whether you are a musician or just interested in traditional Cambodian music, treat your ears to captivating sounds and learn about playing a wooden xylophone, drums, and a ring of bells. Gain insight to musical styles played today as well as historical influences from India and China.
Discover how traditional Cambodian music is a beautiful and simple art form with cultural influences of India, China, and the Khmer civilization. Appreciate the subtle interactions of the instruments, exuding a fundamental sound you might recognize as a precursor to the modern guitar or piano. This enticing sound captures the soul in a way that is new and yet familiar.
Learn the basic way of playing 3 kinds of instruments—the wooden xylophone, various drums, and the ring of bells. The host introduces you to different musical styles performed in Cambodia today including music played during royal ceremonies, at weddings, and songs for entertainment.Read More
- Private Angkor Wat & Royal Temples Excursion
- Afternoon Tour of Angkor Wat
- Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda & Independence Monument Half-Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Full-Day Guided Trip
- Private Excursion to Ancient Temples, Takéo Silk Village & Mount Chisor
- Small-Group Mekong Sunset Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Temple Photo Excursion
- Flight of the Gibbon Zipline Tour at Angkor Park
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Angkor Temples Private Small-Group Tour